By Andrew J. Bonia
So what kind of a world are we talking about? There’s a panel on page 22 of Action 1 that tells us everything we need to know. Here we see a rumpled Clark Kent walking by a typical
New York Metropolis scene. Some lower middle class people hanging out in front of a rundown tenement, one man angrily waving his fist at a passing hobo.
The stylistic graffiti gives away what’s really going on here and in the rest of the book. On the front step of the tenement is written “W.E.” standing in for Will Eisner and written in his distinctive hand. In fact, the people we’re seeing here are characters from his A Contract With God trilogy, including the angry “Super” of the building.
Click HERE to Keep Reading!
Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of 12 books, including Mind Over Business with Ken Baum, The Consulate with Thomas R. Stutler, The Profiler with Pat Brown, Built From Scratch with the founders of The Home Depot, The Profit Zone with Adrian Slywotzky, Mean Business with Albert J. Dunlap, and Will Eisner: A Spirited Life. Click here to see Bob Andelman’s Amazon Central author page. He is a member in good standing of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (member page).
Subscribe in a reader
- ‘PW Comics World’ Reviews DC’s ‘The New 52’: Week 3 (Publishers Weekly Comics) (aspiritedlife.com)
- RARE BRAZILIAN VIDEO: Will Eisner no Jô Soares (aspiritedlife.com)
- Magazine Cartoonist interviews with Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)
- Better late than never: Booklist review of Will Eisner: A Spirited Life (October 2005) (aspiritedlife.com)
- True Blood cast interviews with Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)
- 29 – Backes Group’s Best PS Continuity (aspiritedlife.com)
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Eureka TV star Niall Matter interview (1/2) (mrmedia.com)