FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE—
FROM: Joe Kubert and Paul E. Fitzgerald
We’ve packed 15 images and nearly 1,100 words into this sixteenth BlogPost in our ongoing, year-long salute to the U.S. Army’s internationally acclaimed “PS Magazine” during its Sixtieth Anniversary Year. This is the fourth and final segment in a subset, “Warriors and Weather,” focused on PS techniques for conveying the complications and challenges of weather and climate for military duties and operations.
Images by Will Eisner, Joe Kubert, and Murphy Anderson are featured, along with a fulsome discussion of the evolution of a duotone, kick-the-sides-out-of-the-box design concept for PS interior pages.
The spread below shows Pages 4-5 from Murphy Anderson’s PS 323 (October 1979).
UPCOMING BLOG POSTS—
¶ Early Covers Put Eisner, PS in Hot Water
¶ The Best of Zeke Zekely in PS
¶ A Covey of Connie Covers
¶ Perspective Instructional Communications’ Best in PS
- BlogPost 15 – Warriors and Weather: Part C (aspiritedlife.com)
- BlogPost 18 – PS and 4th Armored Division Event in 1963 (aspiritedlife.com)
- Warriors and Weather in PS Anniversary Salute (aspiritedlife.com)
- Will Eisner Self-Portraits (?) in ‘PS” (aspiritedlife.com)
- 12 – Apeldoorn Sparks Buzz re Eisner Self-Portraits (aspiritedlife.com)
- Best “PS” Work by the “‘Eisner Alumni Group” (aspiritedlife.com)
- Best ‘PS’ Front Covers by Backes Group (aspiritedlife.com)
- eBay: RARE WILL EISNER ORIGINAL PENCIL ART TWO PAGE STORY (aspiritedlife.com)
- Better late than never: Booklist review of Will Eisner: A Spirited Life (October 2005) (aspiritedlife.com)
Copyright 2011 Will Eisner: A Spirited Life by Bob Andelman